Games and networks
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|CSSS 2006 Santa Fe|
- 2006-6-19: A plan of attack
- The evolution of cooperation in a fixed-rule network: See whether cooperation can evolve in a population of individuals with a fixed rule for forming connections (Juan, Adrian and Matina)
- The effect of different network growth rules: Look at the structure of networks formed with a variety of rules for making connections, and try to determine the best way to parameterize such a rule (Greg, Nikhil, and Matina)
- Look at the coevolution of cooperative behavior and the rules for making connections
- 2006-06-13: First base model is put together in Repast.
- We're doing a literature review - with three lines on why each paper we find is interesting
- 09 06 06 Summary of our ideas so far
- to look at a system where the network structure affects how nodes behave, and where nodes' behaviour affects network structure. Feedback between levels of organisation.
- to look at functional measures/ measures of performance at node, community and network level. Levels of selection.
- to look within this framework at tradeoffs between beneficial spread from individual to individual (eg useful information), and harmful spread (eg viruses)
Group: Matina, Juan, Adrian, Nikhil, Greg