CSSS 2008 Beijing-Highlights
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|CSSS 2008 Beijing|
- Mmm, the smell of eucalyptus at the Fragrant Villa
- Waking up early to climb up the mountain at 6:30AM (only to get passed by old shirtless men in dress pants). Thank you jet lag.
- Green pea ice cream?
- Jolie's Chinese cocktail: Lychee beer and baiju
- "S***! F***! I forgot my shoes!" - Timo on the bus, half way to the Great Wall
- "Be careful of landslide" - sign in the bathroom
- Eating infinite amounts of food, three times a day
- Buying 14 waters during lunch at the Forbidden City. To, umm, prevent dehydration ;-)
- Swimming by the Great Wall in forbidden waters
- Repeat 100 "So... how's your project going?"
- Alex showing us how it's done at the pool hall
- Oh, that tastes different than it looks.
- Mmm, bitter melon. Take that gut bacteria!
- Sally & Ruby having to get up and dance during the middle of dinner at a not-so-Thai restaurant
- Grace's graceful performances during karaoke
- Random dude's not so graceful karaoke performances
- Looking through 100 dictionaries to find one English-Chinese dictionary with pin yin.
- Showing our skills at swing dancing, tango, and the clubs of Beijing
- Getting served dinner by Kung Fu masters
- Sitting on the round stone and people-watching.
- Dave: "It might be that a long analogy about copying machines isn't necessary to explain multiplication."
- Sally: "It makes me sad that more people don't like Kentucky Fried Chicken."