SFI Collective Intelligence Short Course 2017 - Readings 2017
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Collective Intelligence, Markets & Prediction Short Course
October 12-13, 2017
Midtown Manhattan - Private Club
7 W 43rd Street
New York, NY 10036
- The Challenges and Scope of Theoretical Biology, by David C. Krakauer, James P. Collins, Douglas Erwin, Jessica C. Flack, Walter Fontana, Manfred D. Laubichler, Sonja J. Projaska, Geoffrey B. West, Peter F. Stadler
- Selection Controversies In and Out of Equilibrium, by David C. Krakauer and Jessica Flack, Santa Fe Institute
- Information Theory, by Simon DeDeo, Carnegie Mellon University and Santa Fe Institute
- Overcoming Algorithm Aversion: People Will Use Imperfect Algorithms If They Can (Even Slightly) Modify Them, by Berkeley J. Dietvorst, Joseph P. Simmons, and Cade Massey
- Lessons from Freestyle Chess Merging Fundamental and Quantitative Analysis, by Michael J. Mauboussin, and Dan Callahan, CFA
- The Wisdom and Whims of the Collective, by Michael Mauboussin
- Revisiting Market Efficiency: The Stock Market as a Complex Adaptive System, by Michael Mauboussin
- Why Stock Markets Crash: Critical Events in Complex Financial Systems, by Didier Sornette
The Diversity Bonus by Scott Page
Release date: September 21, 2017 - available on Amazon.com or your local book retailer
- Trading Strategies and Market Microstructure: Evidence from a Prediction Market, by David Rothschild and Rajiv Sethi
- Belief aggregation with automated market makers. by Rajiv Sethi and Jennifer Wortman Vaughan
- Betting strategies, market selection, and the wisdom of crowds. by Kets, Willemien, David M. Pennock, Rajiv Sethi, and Nisarg Shah
- Friedrich A. Hayek. 1945. “The Use of Knowledge in Society,” American Economic Review Vol. 35 No. 4, pp. 519-530.
- Charles R. Plott and Shyam Sunder. “Efficiency of Experimental Security Markets with Insider Information: An Application of Rational-Expectation Models.” Journal of Political Economy 90, no. 4 (August 1982): 663-698.
- Plott, Charles R. and Shyam Sunder. “Rational Expectations and the Aggregation of Diverse Information in Laboratory Security Markets.” Econometrica 56, no. 5 (September 1988): 1085-1118.
- Gode, Dhananjay K. and Shyam Sunder. “Allocative Efficiency of Markets with Zero Intelligence Traders: Market as a Partial Substitute for Individual Rationality.” The Journal of Political Economy 101, no. 1 (February 1993): 119-137.
Anita Williams Woolley
- Collective Intelligence and Group Performance, by Anita Williams Woolley, Ishani Aggarwal, and Thomas W. Malone
- Evidence for a Collective Intelligence Factor in the Performance of Human Groups, by Anita Williams Woolley, Christopher F. Chabris, Alex Pentland, Nada Hashmi, Thomas W. Malone
- Why Some Teams Are Smarter Than Others, by By Anita Woolley, Thomas W. Malone and Christopher F. Chabris
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team, by Charles Duhigg
- Man vs. Model of Man, by Lewis R. Goldberg