From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Economist passionate for quant issues and cross-disciplinary topics. Think the world needs scientific solutions and more humanity. Love sports, nature and my family.
Education · Université de Paris 1 - Panthéon – Sorbonne, Paris, FRANCE (1992-1996)
Doctorate in Economics (Ph.D.). CAPES/CNPq tuition award. Diploma revalidated at USP. · Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales (DELTA), Paris, FRANCE (1991-1992)
M.A. in Economics. CAPES/CNPq tuition award. · Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro (PUC/RJ), (1989-1991)
M.A. in Economics. CAPES/CNPq tuition award. · Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro (UFRJ), (1985-1988)
B.A. in Economics.
Interests and professional background · Curiosity on any analytical and scientific subjects. Multidisciplinary areas of knowledge include : applied finance, econometrics, banking, equities, credit card, insurance, telecom, consumer behavior, industrial organization, international business, marketing, risk management, business management, complex systems, graph theory and big data;
· Consulting services and executive sales of financial service models and credit risk software to Brazilian and international financial institutions;
· Leadership of high performance teams, locally or remotely, planning objectives, procedures and monitoring of projects with focus on deadlines and results. Solid experience in strategy and policy definition and project implementation in large corporations with deep knowledge of financial procedures and products;
· Extensive experience as head of risk in banking industry, both for retail and corporate banking;
· Broad experience gained in many companies like Banco Daycoval; Banco Itaú, Banco Fibra, Fair Isaac (FICO, 5 years), Santander (5 years), Banco Real, BNDES, INSEE (France);
· Statistical software knowledge : SAS, Eviews, Stata, R Package, among others. Knowledge of UNIX, Mainframe and Windows;
· Extensive professional and academic experience in Europe, USA and Latin America, keeping academic life currently teaching at Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa, for the Professional Master Degree courses in Administration and in Economics;
· Google citation link: http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=H2nJqMAAAAAJ&hl=pt-BR;
· Lattes CV link : http://lattes.cnpq.br/4696411137350651;
· Fluent in Portuguese (mother tongue), English, French (official translator). Working level in Spanish. Basic Japanese.