Farm Party 2017
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Farm Party! Barbecue! Bonfire! Maybe Fireworks! Monday July 3, ~5-10pm.
Camping is also a possibility if people would like to try that.
We'll need a bit of self-organization to get this started: Throw in if you feel like bringing something to the party and use this page to organize efforts.
***DO NOTE THAT DWI ENFORCEMENT WILL BE ACTIVE DURING THE EVENING, SO DESIGNATED DRIVERS ARE A MUST***
BattleWagon 4Runner (5 seats)
- driver Aaron
JP's "I make poor financial decisions" Volkswagen GTI (5 seats)
JP's "Why do you have two GTI's" Other GTI (5 seats)
- Andrew F Johnson (shot gun driving the GTI ;) )
Orbit (Shanee's car - 5 seats)
- Martina (driver)
Prius (MITRE Rental, 4 seats)
- Kyle L.
Vale's car ()3+driver
- Vale (driver)
Schmetterling's Car (Nayely) (5 seats)
- Ramona (driver)
Josh G's Car (5 seats, leaving @ 5:30pm)
- Josh (driver)
Spencer's Bu (5 seats) -- Ideally would like someone to DD on way back
- Spencer (driver)
- Zhiya (I can drive back)
Madison's Car (4)
Dave's Rental Car (4-5)
I'll be in front of the student center/bookstore around 5:15. I'll be in a dark red Nissan.
Dan's Car (5 seats, Needs driver)
- Ulf (will DD, but when and where do we meet?)
Has a car but needs a sober driver
Willing to sober drive but needs a car
- Martina - I'm driving Shanee's car...
Wants to camp at the farm
Looking for a seat
- JP: Burgers, Hotdogs, Bratwurst, Ice, Venue
- Aaron: Corn on the cob (assuming there's room to grill 'em)
- Cat: Bananas and chocolate in tinfoil for the fire (it's a NZ thing) - I think it's an anywhere in the world thing ;) (anonymous peer review)
- Andrew: 1 Brit, 1 American, 2 Kiwis and 1 Dutch (all drunk (bar the Brit))
- Adrián: Sweet potatoes!
- Ramona: hummus and vegge
- Rachel/Nayely/Ramona/Valerie: smores (turn up)! and stuffed mushroom things
- Martina: lasagna + fruit salad + tomato salad
- Marco: I'll prepare Carbonara at JP's, but I need to get the ingredients first
- Tim: potato salad
- Cigdem: Chips and dip
- Alicia & Burcu: 2pi! One sweet, one savory.
- Hilje: tabouleh-like quinoa salad (the store didn't have mint though, so a bit improvised)
- Tim&Stefan: Plasticware (100 plates, 60 cutlery sets, countably infinite napkins)
- Spencer: Buns for meat
- Dave: Veggie burgers & beer
- Ella: chocolate cake
- Emily: beer
- Drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- More alcoholic drinks
JP is being incredibly generous by hosting this party, so a few of us were thinking that it'd be nice to chip in to cover the expenses (e.g. meat for 80 people and fireworks...). To facilitate things and equalize everyone's spendings we'll use https://www.splitwise.com/. If you want to contribute, download the app and message me your phone number or email on Slack so I can add you to the group. -Stefan