From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Usama Bilal, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
I am an MD from Spain, currently doing my PhD in Cardiovascular Epidemiology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. My main research interest revolve around the macrosocial determinants of cardiovascular health.
What are your main interests?
- Paradoxical association between macroeconomic change and mortality
- Neighborhood change and neighborhood mobility and changes in the food environment (and diet, and cardiovascular diseases...)
- High dimensional data to study neighborhood change and mobility (specially when they affect each other)
What sort of expertise can you bring to the group?
- In most projects: R coding experience, scrapping, management of high dimensional data, spatial modeling, mapping...
- If health related project: substantive knowledge on some things!