From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
I am Tongli Zhang from Virginia Tech (http://mpf.biol.vt.edu/).
looking forward to a great summer!
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them?
A1: mathematical modeling with ordinary differential equations; bifurcation analysis.
2. What do you want to learn at the CSSS?
A2: topology; qualitative analysis of ordinary differential equations
3. Do you have any projects or research interests that would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach?
A3: yes, I am modeling cancer development
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to do this summer?
A4:not yet, I will search in the first week.
5. Suppose you could travel one-hundred years in the future and ask researchers any three questions. What would those questions be?
A5:I like this question: 1) How can we cure cancer? 2) how can we analyze one system with 1000 nonlinear ordinary differential equations? 3) How can we search a multi-dimensional space efficiently and throughfully?