From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
I am currently a senior undergraduate student in Institute of Remote Sensing and GIS, Peking University.
My undergraduate major is Geographic Information System. I had been accepted as a Ph.D candidate in Department of Geography, Penn State University, fall 2008.
Research Interest: Semantic issues in GIS, Chinese geocoding, cognitive science, Neutral network application in GIScience(Self-Organizing Map), statistical methods and modeling.
I also like basketball, skateboard and Photography. Looking forward to join the community:-)
Feel Free to Contact me with gtalk/msn: firstname.lastname@example.org/Silvano.Xu@hotmail.com
Answer to Dave Feldman's questions:
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them?
Applications of Markov Model, Geographic Information System(GIS)-related applications.
2. What do you want to learn at the CSSS?
More about Data Mining and Artificial Intelligence. Models that can help extract information from natural Language. Models that deals with spatial-related problems(Transportation,)
3. Do you have any projects or research interests that would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach?
Yes, The GeoCAM project
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to do work on with other CSSS students this summer?
NLP-related or Spatial-related projects would be my preference.
5. Suppose you could travel one-hundred years in the future and ask researchers any three questions. What would those questions be?
What is the Key to elevate machines' AI leval to human's intellegence?
What is the Key to precise earthquake prediction?
What is the Key to make human life longer? (make your life more enjoyable? I sure know that:-))