From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Hi,everyone. I'm Li QU, a PHD candidate in Institute of System Engineering of Tsinghua University. My major is mainly about the information-application oriented architecture for ITS(Intelligent Transportation System). Including organization, management and application for ITS data in large scale, research on the model and exchange modes. I like music, swimming, traveling,etc. Looking forward to meet you all soon!
the answer to the 5 questions set by Dave Feldman:
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willingto help others learn them? Since my major is mainly about the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS), I just have some expertise in urban traffic control and the information oriented architecture. Surely I am willing to help others learn them. As a PH. D candidate for the first year, I just have finished my courses which are introduction to my future work, so I am a beginner of research. I am moving forward to learn more.
2. What do you want to learn at the CSSS? The urban transportation system is a large network itself, also it interacts with the cities nearby. Therefore, the model for the traffic flow in the transportation network and the control strategy for intersections are what I concern the most. Since modeling is mainly based on mathematics and physics theory, I want to learn some modeling methods which are of great help.
3. Do you have any projects or research interests that would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach? The Intelligent Transportation System is such a huge system, of course it should be studied from an interdisciplinary approach. It will involve civil engineering, pattern recognition, image processing, detecting technology, etc.
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like todo this summer? I want to do a project on the complexity analysis of transportation systems. But since the students’ interests are all different, the topic of the project can be various.
5. Suppose you could travel one-hundred years in the future and askresearchers any three questions. What would those questions be?
1)How can you put the research result of complex systems into the real world?
2)Is there any common method to solve the problems of complex ystems?
The third one is coming soon. ^_^