From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
PhD Student at the Universidad de los Andes, Bogotá, Colombia.
Contact info: ext 4157 email: ju-cald1 (at) uniandes.edu.co
Doing some research on the propagation of information through social networks, where information is analogous to a virus spreading through the social network.
I´m very interested on the evolution of social and human behaviour, focusing mainly on altruism and how cooperation among individuals evolves. I'm working on an agent-based model to study the evolution of strong reciprocity and the effect that plasticity on the agents has on the evolutionary process.
Answer to posted questionaire
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them?
* I have a background in physics. I have also studied topics on evolutionary biology. I have some programming experience and expertise in evolutionary algorithms. * I'm always willing to help other learn.
2. What do you want to learn?
* I just like learning and have no particular interest at this moment. * I prefer topics related to social behaviour and evolutionary biology. But almost any topic within what is understood as complex systems is interesting to me.
3. Do you have any projects that would benefit from interdisciplinary approach?
* I have two main projects and both would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach. * The first project studies how a virus spreads through a social network organized into classes. * The second one studies the evolution of social behavior, more specifically the evolution of strong reciprocity by means of an agent-based model inspired on the ultimatum game.
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to attack this summer?
* not really.
5. What's your favorite "big problem"?
* not sure.