From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Third year graduate student from University of Michigan.
Research Interests: neuronal networks and dynamics, cognitive neuroscience, neuropsychology, computational simulations, models of learning and memory
General Interests: physics, abnormal psychology, economics and finance, discussing politics, philosophy, and anything having to do with Joss Whedon
Questions to answer: 1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them?
computational neuroscience, physics
2. What do you want to learn at the CSSS?
complex adaptive modeling and methods, programming adaptive agents, and complex systems as it can be applied to economic theory
3. Do you have any projects or research interests that would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach?
Yes, neural network modeling is very much interdisciplinary; there's plenty of physics involved as well as biology.
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to do work on with other CSSS students this summer?
A dynamic model of the stock market or oil prices using complex adaptive modeling methods.
5. Suppose you could travel one-hundred years in the future and ask researchers any three questions. What would those questions be?
1. Does P = NP? 2. What's the secret of longevity? 3. What's the most efficient source of energy?