From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
I am a Postdoc. in Morrison Institute for Population and Resource Studies of Stanford University. I received my Ph.D. from Xi’an Jiaotong University in 2002. My research interests include artificial algorithms and simulation. Now, my researches focus on the social network analysis and modeling for the cultural transmission during the process of rural-urban migration in China.
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them?
- Social network analysis
- Evolution algorithms
2. What do you want to learn?
- The complexity networks
- The dynamic of the network
3. Do you have any projects that would benefit from interdisciplinary approach?
- The Chinese rural-urban migrants’ social network
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to attack this summer?
- The attitudes or behavior diffusion through social networks
5. What's your favorite "big problem"?
- The dynamic of the social network
6. If you were given the opportunity to see where we were in one hundred years with respect to progress on one problem/subject, what would it be?
- The relationship between the human being and the environment
Hi Haifeng - I couldn't find your email address - here's the link to the matlab package I was talking about http://www.stanford.edu/~dgleich/programs/matlab_bgl/ Adrian