B. Shiva Mayer
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Hi everyone! I am a research scientist at RGM Advisors, LLC, and I'm attending the CSSS though our affiliation with the Business Network.
In (roughly) chronological order:
- Originally from Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering Physics from Queen's University, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
- I used to be a competitive (ACM) computer programmer
- NSERC undergraduate researcher in ultrasound physics
- Former professional photographer
- Various management and start-up experiences (VP of the Alma Mater Society; Director of Content Development at Insidermedicine)
- Attempted to develop automated trading strategies of my own, before...
- Currently a researcher at RGM Advisors, LLC, a proprietary, high-frequency trading firm based in Austin, Texas.
I've had the privilege of being able to look at a lot of market data through the lens of developing profitable trading strategies, so in a qualitative sense, I have a (by no means exhaustive) feel for some of the modeling techniques that are useful in my domain. More specifically, I also have experience developing proprietary analysis tools for market data in C++, Java, Python, and other languages. I also have some very limited experience with R, and I've used Matlab in previous lives.