From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
I'm a Ph.D. student in Electrical Engineering & Computer Sciences at UC Berkeley. My main research project is multivehicle control for the Floating Sensor Network, a fleet of robotic water quality sensors used in rivers and estuaries.
Skills with which the bills are paid
- C programming for embedded and small environments
- Python when the processor is big and has more memory than a goldfish
- Electronics design, mostly digital systems, some analog stuff like signal conditioning; focused mainly on system integration and PCB-level design
- Control theory
- PDEs: mostly hydrodynamics, but also the HJB equations for optimal control
- Frameworks for analysis, design, and control of large ensembles of primitive but designed agents
- The consequences of realistic communication constraints on the design of algorithms for fleets of agents
- The relationship between data gathering/assimilation objectives and control/guidance objectives
I'm hoping to do some hiking, and explore Santa Fe and nearby communities.