From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Hello. My name is Andreas and I am a third year PhD student at Delft University of Technology, faculty of Technology, Policy and Management. My research is on cooperation in industrial networks and I am trying to combine insights from agent-based modelling, industrial ecology, and complexity (of course).
What are your main interests? Feel free to include a "pie in the sky" big idea!
I am wondering whether and to what extent complexity science can be the glue for some of the fields of research I am interested in. Can I merge ideas about socio-technical systems by using CAS frameworks? To what extent can and should behaviour be modelled?
What sort of expertise can you bring to the group?
- some years experience as a policy analyst
- some ideas about exploratory modelling: finding the middle between back-of-the-envelope and big blue
- some experience with ABM in RePast/Java linked to ontologies of industrial technology
- some knowledge of future studies and foresight
- some thinking on peak oil, natural resource exhaustion, and energy transitions
What do you hope to get out of the CSSS?
See main interests. To what extent is this complexity topic really useful?
Of course, meeting other people and exchanging ideas is one of the big rewards.
Do you have any possible projects in mind for the CSSS?
Anything that brings me closer to understanding the complexity of cooperation under certain conditions. With this I mean that I am not so much interested in abstract problems, but more applied settings, like e.g. industrial cooperation, research cooperation, ...
Seems that we have a whole group of participants who like the outdoors, hiking, backpacking etc. Count me in!