Summer School on Global Sustainability-Readings
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|Summer School on Global Sustainability|
Please note that the Summer School on Global Sustainability-Lectures page may have additional assignments.
The Global Sustainainability Summer School co-directors have recommended the following speech by President Barack Obama as a preface to your time at the program.
The following papers should be read as supplemental to those lectures given, and for the program at large:
- Common Property Resources: Economic Analysis
- A Matter of Trust: Social Capital and Economic Development
- The Place of Nature in Economic Development
- Industrialization as a Historical Phenomenon
- Time for Change: On the Patterns of Diffusion of Innovation
Please review the Fishbanks Game Manual for Professor Meadows' second lecture on Thursday July 23. Hard copies will be available that day.
Please read the appendix and "Overview and Summary of the Studies" from the ASES "Tackling Climate Change" report as well as the coal phaseout paper and the column on Concentrating Solar Power.