Summer School on Global Sustainability-After Hours
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|Summer School on Global Sustainability|
Use this page to organize any kind of after-hours or weekend plans.
A few suggestions
- Bandelier National Monument day hike
- Los Alamos/Valle Grande Visit
- Santa Fe Sunday Art Crawl
- Hiking Groups
Any locals have cards / games / movies for the projector /etc. that could be brought in and used during the "after hours"?
- * All three. Let me know what you all would like to play and when and I'll set something up: -jp
If you are interested in playing ultimate frisbee, contact David Zaks (zaks at wisc dot edu / two four eight-444-3040).
Friday, Saturday and Sunday nights there are jazz concerts at GiG Santa Fe that are supposed to be really great:
- Friday is the Matt Brewer Quartet. Matt Brewer is a bassist, and he plays with pianist and Blue Note recording artist Aaron Parks, drummer Tommy Crane, and guitarist Ila Cantor.
- Saturday is Roger Landes, Paul Brown & Polly Tapia Ferber. They play Celto-Balkan Fusion: Irish bouzouki innovator Roger Landes joins Balkan masters Paul Brown on double bass and Polly Tapia Ferber on percussion for an evening of great tunes and infectious rhythms.
- And Sunday is the MIke Rood Quartet. Rood is a guitarist whose original music is influenced by Latin, jazz, Brazilian, blues, flamenco, classical, and folk music. He's playing with New York saxophonist Mike Bjella and New Mexico musicians Luis Guerra and Diego Arencon.
More information about them is available at www.gigsantafe.com. Each event starts at 8pm and is at 1808 2nd St., Suite H. It's a wonderful little performing arts space.