From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Bogotá Working Group “Foundations of Cooperation in the Commons” February 9-11, 2006, Universidad de Los Andes, Bogotá
1. Objectives for the working group:
• Share different results approaches and methods for studying cooperation, collective action and the problem of the commons.
• Discuss synergies and limitations of combining different methods to understand these questions.
• Evaluate the state of the art of the literature and identify the new relevant questions and approaches to the problem.
• As a working group meeting, the sessions are designed to allow for enough discussion among the group participants, based on short presentations by some of the participants.
• In each of the round table sessions there will be presenters who will share their work in about 20-30 minutes and invite for discussion with some questions.
• There will be two presentations by Bowles (Thursday) and Eckel (Friday) aimed at provoking wider questions for the group.
3. The group:
Baland, Jean-Marie CREED, Belgium http://www.fundp.ac.be/~jmbaland
Bowles, Samuel SFI http://www.santafe.edu/~bowles/
Carpenter, Jeffrey Middlebury College http://community.middlebury.edu/~jcarpent/
DeFroment, Adrian Princeton University http://www.eeb.princeton.edu/~slevin/LevPacLab.html
Eckel, Catherine University of Texas http://www.utdallas.edu/dept/socsci/faculty/ceckel.html
Ladau, Josh Santa Fe Institute http://www.santafe.edu/research/postdocs.php
Rodriguez-S., Carlos U. Catolica de Chile http://www.paginas-personales.puc.cl/~crodrigs/
Somanathan, Eswaran Indian Statistical Institute http://www.isid.ac.in/%7Esom/
Sethi, Rajiv Barnard, Columbia U. http://www.columbia.edu/~rs328/rajivsethi.htm
Johnson, Cathleen CIRANO Canada http://www.cirano.qc.ca/en/bottin/cv.php?coderelation=1649
Jaramillo, Christian U. de Los Andes http://economia.uniandes.edu.co/cjaramillo.htm
Cardenas, Juan Camilo U. de Los Andes http://economia.uniandes.edu.co/cardenas.htm