Perception and Action - an Interdisciplinary Approach to Cognitive Systems Theory
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Aims and Scope
The goal of this workshop is to bring together an interdisciplinary group of theorists, roboticists, and neuroscientists to focus on sensorimotor integration as an important basis of cognition. The workshop will consider three particular themes: 1) thalamo-cortical relationships and their role in sensorimotor integration, 2) robotics and the far-reaching implications of the fact that cognitive systems are embodied, and situated agents, and 3) systems-theoretic aspects of sensorimotor integration in the context of theory and philosophy (representation, relevance of information, prediction, regulation, and control).
- Nihat Ay (Max Planck Institute for Mathematics in the Sciences)
- Ray Guillery (Oxford University)
- Bruno Olshausen (University of California, Berkeley)
- Murray Sherman (University of Chicago)
- Fritz Sommer (University of California, Berkeley)
- Full list of participants: Perception and Action - an Interdisciplinary Approach to Cognitive Systems Theory - Bios
The student attendees collectively contributed to a conference report, which will be published in early 2011. A link to the publication will be posted here at that time.