From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Since August 2003, I have been a PhD Student in the Institute of Intelligent Information Processing at Xidian University, Xi'an, China. My research interests are broadly in the area of Computational Intelligence and Hybrid Intelligent Systems. The areas of special interests include evolutionary computation, artificial immune systems, machine learning, data mining, pattern recognition, neural computing and some other related areas. Welcome to my homepage
My five answers are as follows
1. What topics do you have some expertise in and would you be willing to help others learn them? I have done some simulations about evolutionary optimization algorithms, including global optimization, constrained optimization and multiobjective optimization. I have also applied the algorithms to communications multi-user detection and some other Real-world Applications.
2. What do you want to learn at the CSSS? I am hoping to learn more about evolutionary theory, evolutionary models and chaos. I'd like to learn more from my partners how to do research and how to present the research.
3. Do you have any projects or research interests that would benefit from an interdisciplinary approach? Computational intelligence methods inspired from evolutionism, immunology or nerosciences.
4. Do you have any ideas for what sort of project you would like to do this summer? I want to do something about the dynamic model of evolutionary thoeory and immune system or the emprical simulation of nature-inspired computational methods for optimization (or learning).
5. Suppose you could travel one-hundred years in the future and ask researchers any three questions. What would those questions be? 1) Where did human come from? Is the evolutionism right? 2) Are there some living things out of the earth? 3) How the brain works? Can we simulate it by machine?