Graduate Workshop in Computational Social Science Modeling and Complexity - Agenda
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Revision as of 15:38, 11 May 2011 by Juniperlovato
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
This is a Tentative Schedule
* Sunday, 19 June o 1800-2000: reception and dinner at the Thorpe Room.
* Monday, 20 June o 0900-0930: welcome and administrative details o 0930-1200: introduction to computational economics (Miller/Page) o 1200-1300: lunch o 1300-1330: small group homework problem o 1330-1400: computer details o 1400-1700: work on homework
* Tuesday, 21 June o 1000-1200: homework discussion (group presentations) o 1200-1400: lunch, prepare individual talks o 1400-1730: individual student talks (~10 minutes each) on current/future work o 1900-?: continue student talks (if needed)
* Wednesday, 22 June o 1000-1200: adaptive computation and applications--John Miller, CMU and SFI o 1200-1400: lunch o 1400-1600: diversity and complexity--Scott Page, U Mich and SFI
* Thursday, 23 June o 1000: homework write-ups due (in HTML) o 1000-1200: Lecture o 1200-1400: lunch o 1400-1600: ??TBA
* Friday, 24 June o 0830: buses leave for SFI from the Visitor's Circle o 1000-1200: Lecture
* Saturday, 25 June o Fun in New Mexico! Various opportunities, including rafting, pueblo tours, hot springs, hiking, old churches, ruins, etc., etc.
* Sunday, 26 June o work, work, work
* Monday, 27 June o 0900: two page project descriptions (and two designated ``referees) are due for your Friday paper o 0900-1230: individual meetings on projects (~15 minutes each) o 1200-1300: lunch o individual research
* Tuesday, 28 June o 1000-1200: Lecture o individual research
* Wednesday, 29 June o individual research
* Thursday, 30 June o individual research
* Friday, 1 July o 0830: leave for SFI from the Visitor's Circle o 0900: paper due o 0900-1200: paper presentations at SFI medium conference room (~20 minutes each) o 1300-1400: lunch at SFI o 1400-1600: paper presentations at SFI medium conference room (~20 minutes each)
* Saturday, 2 July o 0900-1200: exit interviews