Graduate Workshop in Computational Social Science Modeling and Complexity
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
Revision as of 19:24, 28 June 2007 by Lollyb
Welcome to the wiki for the Graduate Workshop in Computational Social Science Modeling and Complexity. Please check back often for updated information.
Safety and Security:
- Anyone who wishes to be escorted on campus may call security ( 'O' on the campus phone) and an officer will escort anyone place to place (say the computer lab to dorm room, etc).
- Capitol City Cabs (505-438-0000) will give rides free of charge to women, no questions asked. See this article.
- Free taxi rides for everyone on Friday and Saturday nights! The county will pay for residents to take cabs anywhere in the city from 5:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The Chauffeur and Designated Driver program, called CADDy and modeled after a similar program in Grant County, aims to reduce drinking and driving.
Computing and Network Information
- Neither the St John's college computer network nor the Santa Fe Institute computer network are to be used for Internet File Sharing Applications. Violation of this policy can lead to loss of network access.
- The network at St John's tends to be rather slow. For those who can go into town, there are several places with free wifi access. They are: Santa Fe Baking Company on Cordova near St Francis; Aztec Cafe on Aztec between Guadalupe and Sandoval; Java Joe's on Rodeo Road at Zia; CD Cafe on Guadalupe near Bumble Bee's Baja Grill; Starbuck's in De Vargas Mall. Border's Books has a t-mobile hot-spot at their 2 locations.