Complex Systems Summer School 2016-After Hours
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
July 1 Opera
The Santa Fe Opera season starts July 1 with Puccini's 1910 La Fanciulla del West -- a gold rush era drama set in the American West, called a "lyrical poem" by a Toscanini, and starring Minnie, a saloon owner who becomes the outlaw protagonists's love interest.
Seems like the perfect opera to see while we are in Santa Fe! It's common at the Santa Fe Opera to tailgate first -- which we can do with a quick trip to Whole Foods on our way.
If you're interested in going, sign up here. In a day or two we'll work on getting tickets together. Ticket prices seem to range from about $37 to over $300.
Marla or Abigail
Sign up here
June 18, Taos!
JP wants to take a trip up to Taos & Ojo Caliente. Come see small mountain towns, interesting geology, and maybe a stop at Ojo Caliente Hot Springs on our return.
JP's Cool Hatchback GTI
Interested in renting a car as a group
Please specify whether you would like to drive, the kind of insurance you have for that, and whether you would like to use the car to go to more places as a group.
- Fabio: I can drive; I have a Maryland driver's license and an auto rental collision damage waiver with my Visa credit card.
- Xiao (Thomas) Zhang
- Nicole (I can give up my seat above if we need a driver, CO drivers license, insured. but I would rather not drive unless needed)
Still need a ride
June 23, 6:00pm - Rodeo de Santa Fe
Come on down for the 67th annual Rodeo de Santa Fe! Watch real-life cowboys get thrown off of various species of raging livestock for their competition and your entertainment. Starts at 7:00pm, we should leave SJC about 6:00. http://rodeodesantafe.org/
Interested: Juni, JP, Ellen
2. Evelyn Strombom
JP's Totally Cool VW GTI (5 seats)
JP's Almost-as-cool Toyota 4Runner(5 seats)
1.<Gaetano - Awesome to drive it!>
2. Nai Seng
4. Ben Zhu
Biking (~ 8 miles downhill on the way)
1. Nicole (if others come)
3.Thomas (if there's a bike rental....)
Still Needs a Ride
June 25, 10:00am - Bandelier Field Trip
- Fractal Foundation Fractal Shows (http://fractalfoundation.org/fractal-shows/): First Friday in Albuquerque (July 1), Fourth Friday in Los Alamos (June 24)
- Rodeo de Santa Fe, June 22-25th
- Currents New Media Festival, Weekends in the Railyard
- Santa Fe Lavender Festival, June 18-19
- Santa Fe Opera!! options: 8:30pm start Fri July 1, Wed July 6 La Fanciuall del West (Puccini); Sat July 2 Don Giovanni
- 4th of July on Santa Fe Plaza
- July 2 - July 3: Carlsbad Cavern and Whitesand National Monument trip (Organizer: Ruichen)
- Jun 25 - Jun 26: Bisti Badland overnight trip (Organizer: Ruichen)