CSSS 2010 Santa Fe-Readings
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|CSSS Santa Fe 2010|
Please review readings before lectures. Supplemental material may be posted as well.
Please see the Background Readings page for assignments.
- Numerical Solution of Differential Equations
- Time Series Analysis
Here is a link to a page with various background readings -- I'll be talking about some of this material, watch the wiki for days/times
|Complex Systems Summer School 2011 Modules|
- Complexity. An Informative Itinerary
- Collective Cognition in Animal Groups
- Collective Motion and Cannibalism in Locust Migratory Bands
- Collective Minds
- Effective Leadership and Decision-Making in Animal Groups on the Move
For the two lectures on "Physics of Reasoning" -- all the papers, as well as scans of the notes, are available at this page. Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
(simon's blog page with more tasty links is at http://tuvalu.santafe.edu/~simon/ )
Steve Guerin and I will present modeling with NetLogo. It will have two parts, one a self-paced wiki tutorial, the second a set of real world examples of modeling we've used professionally.
Read the first page of the tutorial. Then (attempt!) to download, install, and look at the Model Library.
- Labor, Capital and Land in the New Economy
- Economic Complexity and Dynamics in Interactive Systems
- Hyman Minsky and the Dilemmas of Contemporary Economic Method
- Lecture 1
- Lecture 2
- Lecture 1 notes
- Lecture 2 note
- Lecture 3 note
- Lecture 1 slides
- Lecture 2 slides
- Lecture 3 slides
- Markov Chains In A Shoebox
- Conformal Geometry of Markov Chains
1) -- models and link prediction in large social networks: Lecture Slides
2) -- tracking information diffusion, finding influencers and detecting disease outbreaks in networks Lecture Slides
- Meme Tracking & News Cycle Dynamics
- Maximizing the Spread of Influence through a Social Network
- Outbreak Detection in Social Networks
- 2004 Election Political Blogger Networks
3) -- models of networks with positive and negative ties Lecture Slides
- Trust & Distrust
- Signed Networks & Social Media:
- Predicting Postive & Negative Links in Online Social Networks
- Governance in Social Media
- Quantifying Self-Organization with Optimal Predictors
- Methods and Techniques of Complex Systems Science: An Overview
- Blind Construction of Optimal Nonlinear Recursive Predictors for Discrete Sequences
- Automatic Filters for the Detection of Coherent Structure in Spatiotemporal Systems
- Computational Mechanics: Pattern and Prediction, Structure and Simplicity
- The Computational Structure of Spike Trains
- Discovering Functional Communities in Dynamical Networks
- Measuring Shared Information and Coordinated Activity in Neuronal Networks
- Optimal Nonlinear Prediction of Random Fields on Networks
CSSS lecture slides:
Bill Croft, Ian Maddieson, Eric Smith
- Lecture on using the PDM on voting data (.pptx).
- Lecture(.PPT Version)
- Google Docs version for us non-powerpoint people.
- Code package.