Difference between revisions of "CSSS 2010 Santa Fe-Readings"
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|Line 155:||Line 155:|
* Lecture on using the PDM on voting data.
* Lectureon using the PDM on voting data.
* Code package
* Code package
Revision as of 19:35, 16 June 2010
|CSSS Santa Fe 2010|
Please review readings before lectures. Supplemental material may be posted as well.
Please see the Background Readings page for assignments.
- Numerical Solution of Differential Equations
- Time Series Analysis
Here is a link to a page with various background readings -- I'll be talking about some of this material, watch the wiki for days/times
- Complexity. An Informative Itinerary
- Collective Cognition in Animal Groups
- Collective Motion and Cannibalism in Locust Migratory Bands
- Collective Minds
- Effective Leadership and Decision-Making in Animal Groups on the Move
For the two lectures on "Physics of Reasoning" --
- E.T. Jaynes, Information Theory and Statistical Mechanics I.
- Gasper, Schneidman, Berry & Bialek, Ising models for networks of real neurons
- Reiss, Hammerich & Montroll, Thermodynamic treatment of nonphysical systems -- the off-site fulltext is available.
more advanced --
- Spin Glasses and Biology (ed. Daniel Stein) (available at SFI library)
- Park & Newman, Statistical Mechanics of Networks
- A.R. Liddle, How many cosmological parameters?
If you only have time to read one, read Jaynes! If you are unable to access any of these articles, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
Steve Guerin and I will present modeling with NetLogo. It will have two parts, one a self-paced wiki tutorial, the second a set of real world examples of modeling we've used professionally.
Read the first page of the tutorial. Then (attempt!) to download, install, and look at the Model Library.
- Labor, Capital and Land in the New Economy
- Economic Complexity and Dynamics in Interactive Systems
- Hyman Minsky and the Dilemmas of Contemporary Economic Method
1) -- models and link prediction in large social networks:
2) -- tracking information diffusion, finding influencers and detecting disease outbreaks in networks
- Meme Tracking & News Cycle Dynamics
- Maximizing the Spread of Influence through a Social Network
- Outbreak Detection in Social Networks
- 2004 Election Political Blogger Networks
3) -- models of networks with positive and negative ties
- Trust & Distrust
- Signed Networks & Social Media:
- Predicting Postive & Negative Links in Online Social Networks
- Governance in Social Media
- Quantifying Self-Organization with Optimal Predictors
- Methods and Techniques of Complex Systems Science: An Overview
- Blind Construction of Optimal Nonlinear Recursive Predictors for Discrete Sequences
- Automatic Filters for the Detection of Coherent Structure in Spatiotemporal Systems
- Computational Mechanics: Pattern and Prediction, Structure and Simplicity
- The Computational Structure of Spike Trains
- Discovering Functional Communities in Dynamical Networks
- Measuring Shared Information and Coordinated Activity in Neuronal Networks
- Optimal Nonlinear Prediction of Random Fields on Networks
Bill Croft, Ian Maddieson, Eric Smith
- [Media:CSSS10-PDM.pptx|Lecture] on using the PDM on voting data.