Difference between revisions of "CSSS 2010 Santa Fe-Readings"
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|Line 8:||Line 8:|
[[media:IntroCSSS2010.ppt | Dan's Intro Lecture]]
[[media:IntroCSSS2010.ppt | Dan's Intro Lecture
Revision as of 04:08, 14 June 2010
|CSSS Santa Fe 2010|
Please review readings before lectures. Supplemental material may be posted as well.
Please see the Background Readings page for assignments.
Dan's Intro Lecture\br Draft intro to stat learning primer
Inference in Historical Processes
- Numerical Solution of Differential Equations
- Time Series Analysis
Here is a link to a page with various background readings -- I'll be talking about some of this material, watch the wiki for days/times
- Complexity. An Informative Itinerary
- Collective Cognition in Animal Groups
- Collective Motion and Cannibalism in Locust Migratory Bands
- Collective Minds
- Effective Leadership and Decision-Making in Animal Groups on the Move
For the two lectures on "Physics of Reasoning" --
- E.T. Jaynes, Information Theory and Statistical Mechanics I.
- Gasper, Schneidman, Berry & Bialek, Ising models for networks of real neurons
- Reiss, Hammerich & Montroll, Thermodynamic treatment of nonphysical systems -- the off-site fulltext is available.
more advanced --
- Spin Glasses and Biology (ed. Daniel Stein) (available at SFI library)
- Park & Newman, Statistical Mechanics of Networks
- A.R. Liddle, How many cosmological parameters?
If you only have time to read one, read Jaynes! If you are unable to access any of these articles, feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com
Steve Guerin and I will present modeling with NetLogo. It will have two parts, one a self-paced wiki tutorial, the second a set of real world examples of modeling we've used professionally.
Read the first page of the tutorial. Then (attempt!) to download, install, and look at the Model Library.
- Labor, Capital and Land in the New Economy
- Economic Complexity and Dynamics in Interactive Systems
- Hyman Minsky and the Dilemmas of Contemporary Economic Method
1) -- models and link prediction in large social networks:
2) -- tracking information diffusion, finding influencers and detecting disease outbreaks in networks
- Meme Tracking & News Cycle Dynamics
- Maximizing the Spread of Influence through a Social Network
- Outbreak Detection in Social Networks
- 2004 Election Political Blogger Networks
3) -- models of networks with positive and negative ties
- Trust & Distrust
- Signed Networks & Social Media:
- Predicting Postive & Negative Links in Online Social Networks
- Governance in Social Media
Adaptation and Self-Organizing Systems
- Quantifying Self-Organization with Optimal Predictors
- Methods and Techniques of Complex Systems Science: An Overview
Cellular Automata and Lattice Gases
Neurons and Cognition
- The Computational Structure of Spike Trains
- Discovering Functional Communities in Dynamical Networks
- Measuring Shared Information and Coordinated Activity in Neuronal Networks