CSSS 2007 Santa Fe-Tutorials
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|CSSS Santa Fe 2007
Cellular Automata Wed June 13 9 am
Eigenvectors and Eigenvalues !!NOTE NEW NEW NEW FINAL NEW NEW NEW TIME!! Tuesday, June 12, 7pm-7:50pm
Closure Under Inversion shifted to Tuesday, 19 June, 4:45 to 5:45 pm
Artificial Neural Networks Friday, June 15, 1-2P
Applications of non-commutative harmonic analysis Friday, June 15 2-4pm (provisional)
Intro to Game Theory Mon June 18, 7pm to 8:30pm
Evolutionary Game Theory Wed June 20, 10:45am-12pm
Self Organized Criticality Whose idea was this? Simon? Let's do it!!!
Wiki Tutorial 101: Ramp up and become a wikimaniac; learn the basics of wiki texting, discussions, etc.
UML for Complex Systems - how to address complexity/chaos in projects using the Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Social Choice Theory and the problem of collective rationality - Arrow Theorem and more...
- Introduction to machine learning and/or statistical learning
- NetLogo (now that we know what cool stuff it can do, it'd be nice to get a hands-on tutorial; e.g. bring a laptop to the tutorial and have a guided try-this session).
- Game theory, evolutionary game theory, stochastic game theory
- Genetic algorithms -> I think GA's will be covered in the evolutionary computation lectures. But if not, I'd be happy to give an informal introduction. ->Josh
- Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
- Attractor Neural Networks
- Control theory
- Sequence Complexity/Information Theory [Gregor] -> Information theory will be covered by Tom_Carter in a late breaking session Friday 8th, 1.30. This will probably cover sequence complexity.
- Agent-based models of social systems Non-Technical Introduction and Overview - see above offerings
- Mathematics of Stochastic Processes
- Stochastic Differential Equations (e.g., Ito Calculus)
- Graph Theory [Gregor]
Consciousness and/or visual processing PPT available