CSSS 2007 Santa Fe
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
|CSSS Santa Fe 2007
Welcome to the wiki for the CSSS Santa Fe 2007. Please check back often for updated information. These pages expand upon the general information about the Complex Systems Summer Schools
Final Project Information
Please acknowledge SFI and NSF in your papers with the following statement: This work was partially supported by the Santa Fe Institute through NSF Grant No. 0200500 entitled "A Broad Research Program in the Sciences of Complexity."
Safety and Security:
- Anyone who wishes to be escorted on campus may call security ( 'O' on the campus phone) and an officer will escort anyone place to place (say the computer lab to dorm room, etc).
- Capitol City Cabs (505-438-0000) will give rides free of charge to women, no questions asked. See this article.
- And Now, free taxi rides for everyone on Friday and Saturday nights! Starting Friday, the county will pay for residents to take cabs anywhere in the city from 5:30 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The Chauffeur and Designated Driver program, called CADDy and modeled after a similar one in Grant County, aims to reduce drinking and driving.
- Students with early morning departures (before 6 a.m. on June 30th), read the information under the heading "Early Morning Departures" below
- Please remember to turn in any borrowed library books to the Fireside Lounge
- Please read important information about check-out (entitled "CHECK-OUT INFORMATION")
- ALL STUDENTS: please indicate (on the sticky notes outside the Great Hall) what day and time you will be leaving St. John's college
- All students staying on campus may come by the Fireside Lounge to pick up a 10% discount coupon for items from the St. John's bookstore
- Friday evening shuttles from SFI (June 29) will return at 9:00 p.m.
- Don't forget to fill out your initial survey in the SFI Forms system. (6/5)
- Wired network access is now available in the computer lab (ESL 215) and the Fireside lounge, cables are provided. (6/5)
- The forum can be used for group event planning. (5/29)
- Schedule available for download. (5/10)
- Travel information and program details now available. (5/8)
EARLY MORNING DEPARTURES
- To Santa Fe Institute participants leaving before 6am on Saturday 6/30:
Please return your key to the switchboard of Peterson Student Center before you leave campus. Because the building will be locked, you must enter Peterson through the outdoor Coffee Shop door (this remains unlocked). Once in the Coffee Shop, please use the brown campus phone (on the wall near the hall) and dial "0" to be connected to the switchboard. The switchboard operator will have someone from security let you in so you can drop your key with the operator.
We hope you had a wonderful experience in Santa Fe, and on our campus, and thank you for your cooperation.
Jennifer H. Brookes
Director of Conference & Office Services
St. John's College
CHECK-OUT INFORMATION: PLEASE READ
- Please note that check-out times have changed. As opposed to checking out from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Saturday, June 30, check-out is now 7:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. Check-out includes returning any keys to St. John's and all library books to SFI staff.
- If you are departing from SFI directly in the morning or afternoon on June 29, please bring all luggage with you when we leave St. John's at 9:30 a.m. that morning
- Students and faculty must be out of their rooms by 10 a.m. on Saturday, June 30.
- ALL Students must indicate on the sticky notes outside the Great Hall what day and time they will be leaving St. John's.
COMPUTER LAB CLOSURE
- Please copy all the files you need off of the lab iMacs on Thursday. We have to pack up the lab and carry it back to SFI Friday morning. The machines will be available early Friday morning, but will be gone by noon on Friday!