ARCS - Bios
From Santa Fe Institute Events Wiki
ARCS Speakers & Presenters:
- Jeff Cares, President, Alidade, Inc., TBA
- Prof. Dave Cliff, Large Scale Complex IT Systems Institute, TBA
- *Keynote: Prof. Richard Ford, Florida Institute of Technology, "Why we are not winning the Security War"
- Sanjay Goel, Director of Research, NYS Center for Information Forensics and Assurance, “Creating a Model for Computer Network Pathway Analysis: Analogy from Cellular Regulatory Pathways”
- Sarah Gordon, Symantec Security Response, “Virus Writers”
- Col. Carl Hunt, Institute for Defense Analysis, "Security in Defense Networks"
- Andrew Jones, BT Security Research Center, “Current and developing issues in Information Security in the UK”
- Hong Li, Intel, Information Technology Research Group, “An Adaptive System to Build Trust of Remote Email Agents”
- *Keynote: Richard Power*, http://www.wordsofpower.net, "Shadows of Cyberspace Revisited: A Ten Years Retrospective on Cyber Crime and Cyber Security from 1996 to 2006"
- Christian Renaud, Cisco Systems, TBA
- Dr. Fabrice Saffre, BT Pervasive ICT Group, TBA
Biographies of Keynote Speakers:
-Richard Power: Richard has led training sessions for security and intelligence professionals, government officials, business leaders, and general audiences in over thirty countries. He has researched cyber crime and economic espionage for over a decade.
As Editorial Director of the Computer Security Institute (CSI), he was widely and frequently quoted in mainstream news media. He established the CSI/FBI Computer Crime and Security Survey, testified for the U.S. Senate Permanent Sub-Committee on Investigations, and was featured on PBS Frontline. Power also authored: "Tangled Web: Tales of Digital Crime from the Shadows of Cyberspace."
Later, as Director of Global Security Intelligence for Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu (DTT), Power developed a Global Security and Crisis Management Strategy, including all aspects of personnel, physical and cyber security.
- Prof. Richard Ford, Florida Institute of Technology, Research Professor, Center for Information Assurance, Florida Tech (08/2003-present)
- Consultant, The Rock Ventures (06/2002-present)
- Chief Technology Officer, Cenetec LLC (03/2000-05/2002)
- Director of Engineering for Hiway Technologies/Verio (04/1998-02/2000)
- Researcher, IBM Research T.J. Watson Laboratories (1997-1998)
- Director of Technology, Command Software Systems (1995-1997)
- Director of Research, National Computer Security Association (1994-1995)
- Editor, Virus Bulletin and co-author "The Survivor's Guide to Computer Viruses" (1992-1994)